Conciliation Between Lessor and Lessee
The Régie du logement offers a conciliation service that enables you to meet with a conciliator to find a solution to your dispute. It is a simple, fast, voluntary, free and confidential service.
It is desirable, but not essential, to obtain the consent of the other party before resorting to the conciliation service of the Régie.
However, filing an application with the tribunal is a prerequisite to an application for conciliation.
Note that conciliation is not offered for urgent applications, or those related to the non-payment of rent, the preservation of a dwelling or the fixing of rent.
Why choose conciliation?
The advantage of conciliation is the fact that the solution to the dispute is decided by the parties rather than a decision imposed by the tribunal. In addition, if the conciliation process is a success, there is no hearing.
In addition, conciliation allows to:
- Fin a solution adapted to your needs and interests.
- Avoid a trial.
- Find a rapid solution to your problem.
- Resolve all aspects of the dispute – not just the legal ones.
- Facilitate communication between the parties.
- Improve the long-term relationship between the lessor and lessee.
The contents of this section of the website are for information purposes only and do not replace the legislation.