Thank you for visiting our website and for your interest in our policy on privacy.
We place a cookie on a visitor’s computer hard drive if he answers the poll located on our website’s homepage. The purpose of that cookie is to validate the poll in question: no personal information is collected.
The visitor cannot be identified personally from the information transmitted automatically between computers. That information is gathered solely to meet the technological requirements of using the Internet. Some data, like the topic of inquiry of the visitor, is also used for statistical purposes.
The exchange of information
As soon as you access our website, information is automatically exchanged between your computer and our website's server. This exchange of information is necessary in order that our server be able to transmit to you a file compatible with your computer's equipment. That exchange of information consists of:
- the Internet domain name (for instance: “xyzcompany.com”, if you have a private Internet access account, or “university.edu” if you access the Internet through a university), and the IP address (a number automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet provider every time you use the Internet) with which you access our site;
- the type of browser and operating system used to access our website;
- the date and time you access our website;
- the pages you visit;
- and, if you access our website, from another site (referral site), its address.
That exchange of information does not identify you personally.
The Régie also keeps the necessary data in order to have a record of the number of visitors, the pages visited most often, the time of the visits, the technology used by the visitors, the referral sites and the countries of origin of visitors to our website.
If you transmit personal information to us
The Commission d’accès à l’information du Québec recommends that no personal information should move on the Internet or by email if it’s not encrypted. However, if you transmit to us voluntarily personal information, by email or by electronic form, we will use only the necessary information to answer your message or to follow up on your inquiry. At the Régie du logement, electronic messages are treated as confidentially as regular mail.
The personal information transmitted is not disclosed to any other government body unless your request is addressed to it or disclosure is required by law. Personal information is not used to draw up a profile of users and is not communicated to private organizations.
In accordance with the Act respecting Access to documents held by public bodies and the Protection of personal information, if the Régie du logement requests that you provide some personal information, you will be informed about:
- the name and address of the public body on whose behalf the information is being collected;
- the use to which the information will be put;
- the categories of persons who will have access to the information;
- the fact that a reply is obligatory or that it is optional;
- the consequences of a refusal to reply;
- the rights of access and correction provided by law.
Accuracy and reliability of the information
The Régie du logement warrants the accuracy and reliability of the information at the posting time but not subsequent thereto and accepts no liability whatsoever for the accuracy of any document, data or other material after it has been altered or modified in any manner, after downloading or otherwise. Moreover, in the event of a discrepancy between an official text and the content of this site, the official text prevails.
Links with other sites
Our website provides links to many sites including other sites of the Government of Québec. When clicking on a particular link, a message advises you that you will be leaving the Régie du logement’s website: the exchanged information will then be no longer subject to the Régie’s policy on privacy. To remain in the Régie’s website, you must close the message’s window.